Here are some updated MPAA ratings for movies debuting in theaters this week:
- A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence: Rated PG-13 for brief sexuality and some disturbing images.
- Entourage: Rated R for pervasive language, strong sexual content, nudity and some drug use. (We knew that was coming, right?)
- Insidious: Chapter 3: Rated PG-13 for violence, frightening images, some language and thematic elements. (It always floors me that most horror movies are rated PG-13!)
- Love & Mercy: Rated PG-13 for thematic elements, drug content and language.
- Spy: Rated R for language throughout, violence, and some sexual content including brief graphic nudity. (We can’t really have a Melissa McCarthy movie where she can’t curse like a sailor, can we?)
- Testament of Youth: Rated PG-13 for thematic material including bloody and disturbing war related images.
Ratings for Other Recently Released Movies:
- Aloha: Rated PG-13 for some language including suggestive comments.
- Gemma Bovery: Rated R for sexuality/nudity and language.
- Heaven Knows What: Rated R for drug use throughout, pervasive language, disturbing and violent images, sexuality, and graphic nudity.
- Results: Rated R for language, some sexual content and drug use.
- San Andreas: Rated PG-13 for intense disaster action and mayhem throughout, and brief strong language.
MPAA RATINGS GUIDE:
- G GENERAL AUDIENCES (All Ages Admitted)
- PG PARENTAL GUIDANCE SUGGESTED (Some Material May Not Be Suitable for Children)
- PG-13 PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED (Some Material May Be Inappropriate for Children Under 13)
- R RESTRICTED (Under 17 Requires Accompanying Parent or Adult Guardian)
- NC-17 NO ONE 17 AND UNDER ADMITTED