Even though I follow the instructions to the letter, set the timer for the exact amount of time, listen and wait – as the instructions say – for one to two seconds in between pops, it still always ends up burnt.
Seriously. I’m popcorn-challenged. It’s ridiculous. Especially for someone who writes about movies and eats a lot of popcorn.
But if, like me, you suffer from the same tragic flaw, there’s an app for that called “PERFECT POP,” a.k.a. Perfect Popcorn by Diamond Foods, the company behind Pop Secret (@popsecret on Twitter).
This app is the best thing ever. Here’s how it works:
- Download the app for free on the App Store* by searching for “Perfect Pop” or via the link at PopSecretLabs.com.
- Open the app on your device and choose either the “regular bag” or “snack size bag” setting, depending on the type of popcorn you have.
- Place your device near the microwave (but not on or in).
- Set the microwave timer per the popcorn’s instructions.
- When the microwave starts, press “Start” on the app.
- The app “listens” to the pops and lets you know the exact moment when your popcorn is perfect. As in, not burnt, but perfect.
- Watch the app. There’s a little piece of popcorn with a face that gets hotter and hotter until he’s red-hot and sweating and dancing and bam! He pops and your popcorn is done! And it truly is perfect. It’s amazingly perfect. Not a burned kernel in site, and every kernel popped (see happy kernel of popcorn, below; watching the app is as much fun as eating the popcorn).
Ok, now that we’ve got the burned popcorn issue solved, what to watch with your perfectly-popped popcorn? Pretty much any genre will do, and there’s plenty of options for family, friends and date nights:
- Romantic comedies for a fun Girls Movie Night
- Sports dramas for a fun Guys Movie Night
- Cute comedies the whole family will enjoy
- Tween movies for an epic sleepover
- Romantic dramas for a sweet date night
- Foreign movies for smart adults
- Documentaries for all ages
And here’s your chance to win a cool prize!
First, the Pop Secret Official Sweepstakes Rules.
Enter to win a $100 Visa Gift Card by answering these questions in the comments below:
- Have you ever burned a bag of popcorn in the microwave?
- Got an epic burnt-popcorn story to share? Let’s hear it!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post.
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post.
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post.
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 6/3 – 6/30.
Be sure to visit the Pop Secret brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!
*Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Apple is not affiliated and does not endorse, sponsor or support this third party app and sweepstakes.