Reel Life With Jane is seeking an Advertising Sales Representative to work on commission for a thriving entertainment site specializing in movies, TV, celebrities and all things pop culture.
We currently average 1.5 million pageviews monthly, with fresh content posted daily by a group of skilled writers on both coasts covering celebrities, movie and TV reviews, TV recaps, DVD and blu-ray reviews, interviews, film festivals, red carpet events, awards, features, press junkets, Broadway and more.
Title: Advertising Sales Representative
About the Company: Reel Life With Jane is a a thriving entertainment site specializing in movies, TV, celebrities and all things pop culture. Helmed by veteran entertainment journalist Jane Boursaw, the site has been on the web for ten years and continues to grow and evolve. We love pop culture, and we’re passionate about publishing quality, engaging content that appeals to a diverse group of readers. We tell it like it is and love sharing our opinions, but we do it in a positive way.
Reel Life With Jane is relentlessly focused on enhancing our platform to provide the best entertainment news and information, and to encourage users to interact. Our audience is engaged and attractive to advertisers looking to raise awareness, increase consideration and drive sales.
We currently average 1.5 million pageviews monthly, with fresh content posted daily by a group of skilled writers covering celebrities, movie and TV reviews, TV recaps, DVD and blu-ray reviews, interviews, film festivals, red carpet events, awards, features, press junkets, Broadway and more. We have writers in both New York City and Los Angeles and we’re active in a variety of social networks, including Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, LinkedIn and more. Read more about our company, stats and social media networks here.
Sell online advertising products, including banner ads, premium listings, coupons, social media collaborations, sponsorship opportunities and more.
Present promotional opportunities and display options to potential advertisers. Targeted advertisers might include entertainment-based companies such as movie theater chains, movie distributors, TV shows and TV networks, as well as companies selling entertainment-related items such as popcorn, snacks, T-shirts, pop culture gear, fashion, online streaming, home entertainment and more.
Research, identify and pursue opportunities to increase sales of both current and new offerings — constantly finding ways to optimize ad campaigns and grow accounts, while also seeking out new business.
Act as a passionate representative and ambassador for Reel Life With Jane.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (in marketing, business, sales or a related discipline)
- 1-3 years related experience
- Top-notch selling and marketing instincts with strong interpersonal, communications and influencing skills
- Willingness and confidence to take on the role of a Reel Life With Jane media and advertising representative
- Clear grasp of the industry and a passion for the web, social networking, and online community web sites
- Ability to simultaneously manage sales, inventory, design and other aspects of online advertising
- Capacity to quickly tap into the interests, rhythms, and identity of an online community
- Unparalleled organizational skills, and the ability to work independently, as well as on a team
Compensation: Straight commission, based on candidate’s experience.
If this sounds like you, and you’d like to join a growing team of pop culture devotees, email Jane Boursaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.