My friend Jenny Neill recently asked me if I’d like to participate in a meme. Since it sounds very hip, I immediately said yes.
And apparently, once you’re nominated for a Liebster Award, you’re automatically a winner. It’s the best kind of nomination!
Jenny did the legwork for me on what exactly this award is: “Liebster is German for dearest and a five-minute search of the interwebs reveals that this award has been around for some time now,” she writes. “I have not unearthed the origins of this meme and see no harm in playing along.”
However, she does have a few caveats when participating in memes, which I agree with: “Online ‘personality’ quizzes are often seeded with the same types of questions large financial institutions use as security checks. Fortunately, with the Liebster, the winning blogger chooses what facts to reveal about themselves.”
So we’re good to go on that score. On with the show.
Some Random Facts about Myself:
- I grew up on a cherry farm on the Old Mission Peninsula near Traverse City, Michigan. My family still farms about a thousand acres of fruit.
- As a kid, I had a stuffed dolphin I carried with me everywhere. Somewhere at my mom’s house is a picture of me in a church Christmas pageant wearing a sheet and holding that dolphin.
- I live in a log cabin in the woods.
- We named our first child after a beloved cat who passed away when I was pregnant.
- I studied at the Cincinnati Conservatory and play the violin in church every Sunday.
- Most of my husband’s and my family lives within a ten-mile radius of us.
- My first car was a 1974 Volkswagen Beetle I inherited from my brother.
- I’m the tweet wrangler for the Traverse City Film Festival and State Theatre in Traverse City, Michigan.
- In the mid-1970s, my school chums and I sat through four hours of “Gone With the Wind” at that same State Theatre. We brought our own popcorn.
- One of my favorite shows is “My Three Sons,” and my favorite classic movie star is Doris Day.
1. What was your favorite creepy crawly creature when you were eight years old?
Not exactly creepy or crawly, but I had a couple of pet turtles.
2. What is some thing or scene that always makes you laugh?
The scene in the “Three Valentines” episode of “Frasier,” where Niles is trying to get ready for a date and accidentally sets his pants on fire, which catapults a series of mishaps that nearly burn Frasier’s apartment down.
3. Pet: Cat, dog, iguanas, or other?
My husband has auto-immune issues, but if we could have a pet, it’d be a cat. We actually borrow the neighbor’s cat from time to time.
4. Who is your favorite
band singer right now?
Keith Urban, but only because he’s so cute and funny on “American Idol.”
5. How do you get your exercise?
Walk, yoga, ski in the winter, swim and play tennis in the summer.
And now you know a little more about your humble Reel Life With Jane host.