Every time I hear the Chipmunks sing, it takes me right back to childhood. Those sweet little voices all singing in harmony just makes me happy, and I have TWO copies of their new CD, “Chipmunks Christmas,” to give away! See the bottom of this post for details.
A bit of history: “The Chipmunk Song” won three Grammy awards in 1958, but there weren’t a bunch of voices, there was only one. Creator Ross Bagdasarian, Sr. voiced the parts of all three chipmunks — Alvin, the mischievous troublemaker, who quickly became the star of the group; Simon, the tall, bespectacled intellectual; and Theodore, the chubby, impressionable one.
The trio is managed by their human adoptive father, David Seville. In reality, this was Bagdasarian’s stage name, and the Chipmunks themselves are named after the executives of their original record label. That first record, of course, spawned animated cartoons, TV shows, films, plush toys, and yet more music CDs, including the newly released “Chipmunks Christmas.”
Here’s the track list:
- Here Comes Santa Claus
- The Chipmunk Song
- Jingle Bells
- It’s Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas
- Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
- Up On The House-Top
- Wonderful Day [digital release debut]
- Over The River and Through The Woods
- All I Want For Christmas (Is My Two Front Teeth)
- White Christmas
- The Twelve Days of Christmas
- Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
- Deck The Halls
- Frosty The Snowman
- Here Comes Christmas [digital release debut]
- Ho Ho Ho
- We Wish You A Merry Christmas
ENTER TO WIN: Simply leave a comment on this post by midnight on Sat., Dec. 15, 2012. Two winners will be chosen randomly, and I’ll email the winners for their mailing address. You’ll get it just in time for Christmas! Good luck!
Can’t wait? Order it on Amazon.