IGN posted a cool behind-the-scenes featurette of The Dark Knight Rises today. “What we’re constructing here is a very, very elemental conflict between good and evil,” says director Christopher Nolan. It’s been eight years since Batman has been missing, and with a new threat looming over Gotham, no one is sure whether he’ll return or not.
From the video:
- Anne Hathaway (Selina Kyle/Catwoman): “Chris was able to amp up the stakes for this last movie, and we will take it to places I don’t think anyone is expecting.”
- Emma Thomas (producer): “Everything seems fine on the surface, but it’s all built on this lie.”
- Jonathan Nolan (screenplay): “It’s the true test of a hero, confronted with their darkest fears being taken all the way to the edge. How do they come back?”
- Tom Hardy (Bane): “I remember seeing Chris in the make-up chair. There’s a three-year-old in me saying, ‘That’s Batman.'”
- Michael Caine (Alfred): “You know what Alfred is. He is us in this incredible world. He’s not tough like all the others.”
- Morgan Freeman (Lucius Fox): “Lucius and Alfred… Between the two of them, we try to keep the moral compass pointed in the right direction.”