Movie Moms get all the best quotes. They can be fierce, funny and stern all at the same time. They can yell at you one minute and hug you the next. Here’s a few quotes from some of my favorite movie moms. Feel free to add your own in the comments below!
1. Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton), ‘Terminator 2: Judgment Day’: “Watching John with the machine, it was suddenly so clear. The terminator wouldn’t stop, it would never leave him. It would never hurt him or shout at him or get drunk and hit him or say it was too busy to spend time with him. And it would die to protect him. Of all the would-be fathers that came over the years, this thing, this machine, was the only thing that measured up. In an insane world, it was the sanest choice.”
2. Helen / Elastigirl (Holly Hunter), ‘The Incredibles’: “Of course I have a secret identity. Can you see me in this at the, at the supermarket? Come on! Who’d want to go shopping as Elastigirl, know what I mean?”
3. Maria Portokalos (Lainie Kazan), ‘[amazon_link id=”B00006FMUW” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]My Big Fat Greek Wedding[/amazon_link]’: “Let me tell you something, Toula. The man is the head, but the woman is the neck. And she can turn the head any way she wants. “
4. Leigh Anne Touhy (Sandra Bullock), ‘[amazon_link id=”B0048EANPQ” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]The Blind Side[/amazon_link]’: “You threaten my son, you threaten me.”
5. Donna (Meryl Streep), ‘Mamma Mia’: “Somebody up there has got it in for me. I bet it’s my mother. “
6. Mrs. Gump (Sally Field), ‘Forrest Gump’: “Life’s a box of chocolates, Forrest. You never know what you’re gonna get. “
7. Tess (Jamie Lee Curtis), ‘[amazon_link id=”B00005JMCW” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Freaky Friday[/amazon_link]’ (responding to her daughter’s suggestion that they go to an emergency room to switch their bodies back): “Oh no! All that will get us is a 72-hour lockdown in a psych ward and a Thorazine drip. No, we’re not going anywhere. “
8. Ed McDonnough (Holly Hunter), ‘Raising Arizona’: “I love him so much!”
9. Erin Brockovich (Julia Roberts), ‘[amazon_link id=”B00003CXFV” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Erin Brockovich[/amazon_link]’: “They may not be the most sophisticated people, but they do know how to divide, and $20 million isn’t sh*t when you split it between them. Second of all, these people don’t dream about being rich. They dream about being able to watch their kids swim in a pool without worrying that they’ll have to have a hysterectomy at the age of 20 … so before you come back here with another lame a** offer, I want you to think real hard about what your spine is worth, Mr. Walker. Or what you might expect someone to pay you for your uterus, Ms. Sanchez. Then you take out your calculator and you multiply that number by a hundred. Anything less than that is a waste of our time.”
10. Rusty Dennis (Cher), ‘Mask’: “First you told me he was gonna be retarded, then you told me he was gonna be blind AND deaf. If I’d dug his grave every time one of you geniuses told me he was gonna die, I’d be eating chop suey in China by now!”
Who’s your favorite movie mom? Tell me in the comments below.
[…] the original post here: Happy Mother's Day! Ten Quotes from Movie Moms Category: Uncategorized | Tags: movie-moms, the-best, the-same, […]
Movie Moms get all the best quotes! A few of my favorites: http://bit.ly/jEOOvs #dearmama #mothersday #movies #moms
a favorite movie mom: Dianne Parker in Follow the Stars Home, played by KImberly Williams-Paisley
@reellifejane I love the one from big fat greek wedding best I think. 😉 http://bit.ly/jQTEXL
Great quotes. I love the one by Cher in “Mask,” that was a great movie.
Happy Mother’s Day! Ten Quotes from Movie Moms http://bit.ly/knGOAt
http://bit.ly/knGOAt Happy Mother’s Day! Ten Quotes from Movie Moms
Happy Mother’s Day! Ten Quotes from Movie Moms http://bit.ly/iIC1H7
http://bit.ly/mULxbK Happy Mother’s Day! Ten Quotes from Movie Moms
Still ending, and beginning still….
Knowledge is proud that he has learned so much; Wisdom is humble that he knows no more….
Thnks for superb quotes collection on mothers day…