Ok, so the Oscars are over, and the votes are in. The winners have been announced, and the broadcast is now ancient history. How do you think Anne Hathaway and James Franco did as hosts?
The opening montage was fun (watch the video after the jump below), with Franco and Hathaway getting inserted into clips of the Best Picture nominees. And I thought they did a good job of keeping things moving.
Some people said Franco looked stoned. Well, who knows, maybe he was, or maybe he was just his usual laid-back self. But that’s sort of his persona, right? He was hired because of who he is, so that shouldn’t come as any big shock.
She just acknowledged the fact that the Oscars are a big deal, that there were a ton of people working behind the scenes, and that she’s very lucky to be part of it, especially with all of the strife going on in the world.
- Loved Kirk Douglas, although I was worried for his health out there alone on that big stage. You go, Kirk.
- I’m glad the winners were spread out among all the nominees, with no one film sweeping everything.
- Loved all the gowns, though wasn’t crazy about Cate Blanchett’s dress (pictured, right). Check out more red carpet photos here.
- Is it just me, or did everyone seem really thin this year? Even Tom Hanks has slimmed down. There also seemed to be a considerable amount of “work” done to various faces, including … Helen Mirren? Hmmm…
- My favorite part was when Sandra Bullock and Jeff Bridges presented for Best Actor and Best Actress. You could just tell that all the nominees were digging their little spiels from these two icons.
- Loved seeing the various “cams” at Oscar.com – the backstage cam, audience cam, press room cam and so forth. Fun to see what happens behind the scenes.
What did you think? Did you like this year’s Oscars? Did Franco and Hathaway measure up as hosts? Any favorite moments?