It’s always encouraging when a trailer is so hilarious you want to watch it over and over again – and the movie is three months away. I just hope that 1) I don’t get so sick of it that I won’t want to see the movie when it comes out; and 2) the movie lives up to all my super-high expectations.
The movie in question is ‘Rango,’ an animated film from director Gore Verbinski (which, right there is a contrarian sentence if ever there was one), arriving in theaters March 4, 2011.
Johnny Depp voices the title character, a chameleon who aspires to be a swashbuckling hero and finds himself playing that very role in a Western town plagued by bandits.
And you couldn’t ask for a better cast: Bill Nighy, Timothy Olyphant, Isla Fisher, Abigail Breslin, Alfred Molina, Ned Beatty, Ray Winstone, Harry Dean Stanton and Stephen Root among them.
Follow me after the jump to watch the trailer and read my five coolest things about it.
1. When Rango breathes fire after drinking the cactus juice (or whatever), it just cracks me up when he whips out a napkin, starts dabbing the flames on the big guy next to him, and says, “Take…care.of.that.fuh.you… there! All better!”
2. That little creature (“little sister”) just has the cutest voice ever when she says, “You ARE gonna save us … aren’t you?”
3. All the creatures are so expressive. It’s like some of their eyes are actual human eyes. Ok, it’s a little creepy, too.
4. “Whatever you do, do NOT look down … whoa!”
5. “Hold on! Don’t worry, I’ve got a plan! … Hellllpppp!!! Open the door!!! … Ok! Plan B!”
That’s my kinda guy. Looking forward to ‘Rango’?
Image: Paramount Pictures