Hey, Betty White fans! Out on DVD today is ‘The Golden Girls: 25th Anniversary Complete Collection,’ a 21-disc, 180-episode limited edition set housed in a very cool replica of Golden Girl Sophia’s wicker purse.
The show ran from 1985 to 1992, following the adventures of friends Dorothy (Beatrice Arthur), naïve Rose (Betty White), vivacious Blanche (Rue McClanahan) and sarcastic Sophia (Estelle Getty) – who move in together in Miami.
This is one of those shows that, honestly, I never paid much attention to when it first aired. I’d watch it when it was on, but never really sought it out. But revisiting the show now is a lot of fun. The combination of the women is just hysterical, and of course, it’s got Betty White, who’s everywhere in six degrees right now.
So if you need a laugh – and who doesn’t? – check out this series, even if you have to fork over $150 for it. Christmas is coming!
Check out the bonus features and some clips after the jump…
- Thank You For Being A Friend – A look back with The Golden Girls.
- Go For The Gold Trivia Challenge
- Golden Moments – The biggest laughs collected in a hilarious compilation.
- The Golden Girls Scrapbook – Each Golden Girl’s funniest moments.
- Exclusive Insights And Commentaries with Bea Arthur, Rue McClanahan and Betty White
- Fashion Commentary – Joan and Melissa Rivers provide their own unique brand of fashion critique.
What Else I Don’t Understand:
Dorothy and Mr. Ha Ha: