I covered ‘Supernatural’ in my Jane After Dark column on TV Squad last winter (here’s my wrap-up post), so I was pretty excited when the season one blu-ray arrived on my doorstep from Warner Bros. After being in the demon trenches with Sam and Dean Winchester for a couple of months, I miss the boys!
The series returns to The CW in September, and if the stars align, I’ll be reviewing it on TV Squad. Until then, get caught up with repeats on TNT and The CW, and start your Blu-ray collection with the season one set, released last week on June 15, 2010. Buy it on Amazon.
The six-disc set contains all 22 episodes of the debut season, with commentary by Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki on ‘Phantom Traveler,’ and Nutter, Kripke, and producer Peter Johnson on the pilot episode; two making-of documentaries (one on the show itself, and the other on its stars), as well as a brace of unaired scenes and a gag reel round out the set.
More after the jump, including special features and a clip…
- The Devil’s Road Map: Interactive Map Guide to Season One’s Urban Legends and Unusual Facts
- Paley Festival Panel Discussion Featuring the Cast and Creators
- Unaired/extended scenes
- Commentary on the Pilot by series creator Eric Kripke, director David Nutter and producer Peter Johnson
- Commentary on ‘Phantom Traveler’ by co-stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles
- Two additional featurettes: ‘Day in the Life of Jared and Jensen’ and ‘Supernatural: Tales from the Edge of Darkness’
- Gag reel
- For those with DVD-ROM capabilities, the set also includes a link to a web site which offers a sneak preview at season 2 and the pilot script, among other bonus features.
Check out this clip of creator Eric Kripke talking about some of the extras.
Images: Warner Bros. Entertainment