Hey, Drag Queens! RuPaul is back to light up the runway with the highly anticipated new season of the groundbreaking series, “RuPaul’s Drag Race.” Logo revealed the eagerly awaited cast comprised of the nation’s 12 drag elite last night during the “New Now Next Honors.”
In a nod to superfans, Logo also launched a week-long social scavenger hunt via Dubsmash and Instagram that culminated in the announcement of Kim Chi as a competing queen earlier today. The season premiere also marks a drag milestone as it features the 100th episode and 100th drag queen to sashay into the work room!
RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE CELEBRATES 100 DRAG QUEENS!
“This is an amazing time to be producing television,” said executive producer RuPaul Charles. “The fact that ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ is celebrating its 100th episode is undeniable proof that there is an insatiable hunger for authentic, unfiltered and ribald voices that not only challenge the norm, but help redefine mainstream media.”
RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE IS ALL ABOUT CUT-THROAT DRAG QUEENS
The new season will premiere on Monday, March 7th at 9:00 PM ET/PT with a supersized 90-minute episode that unveils a court of cut-throat Queens, each competing to snatch the crown and strut away with a $100,000 cash prize and the coveted title of “America’s Next Drag Superstar.”
Along the way, they’ll face an unpredictable competition and deliver gag-worthy and jaw-dropping moments as these talented ladies of drag join the fabulous 88 Queens who fought for the crown before them.
THE 12 QUEENS OF RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE
The 12 Queens who will compete in the pop culture phenomenon that has taken the world by its weave include:
- Acid Betty, Brooklyn, NY; TW: @acidbettyrocks, IG: @acidbetty
- Bob The Drag Queen, New York, NY; TW: @thatonequeen, IG: @bobthedragqueen
- Chi Chi DeVayne, Shreveport, LA; TW: @ChiChiDeVayne, IG: @cheechdevayne
- Cynthia Lee Fontaine, Austin, TX; TW: @lee_fontaine, IG: @cynthialeefontaine
- Dax ExclamationPoint, Savannah, GA; TW: @Daxclamation, IG: @daxclamation
- Derrick Barry, Las Vegas, NV; TW: @DerrickBarry, IG: @derrickbarry
- Kim Chi, Chicago, IL; TW: @KimChi_Chic, IG: @kimchi_chic
- Laila McQueen, Gloucester, MA; TW: @LailaMcQueen, IG: @misslailamcqueen
- Naomi Smalls, Redlands, CA; TW: @naomismallsduh, IG: @naomismalls
- Naysha Lopez, Chicago, IL; TW: @nayshalopez, IG: @nayshalopez
- Robbie Turner, Seattle, WA; TW: @TheRobbieTurner, IG: @therobbieturner
- Thorgy Thor, Brooklyn, NY; TW: @ThorgyThor, IG: @thorgythor
New game show series “Gay for Play Game Show Starring RuPaul” will also premiere on Logo this year. Hosted by RuPaul, the half-hour comedic, trivia game show features a panel of six celebrities helping two contestants answer pop culture questions to win cash and prizes. A second season of “RuPaul’s All Stars Drag Race” will premiere later in the year.
“RuPaul’s Drag Race” Season 8 is produced by World of Wonder Productions with Fenton Bailey, Randy Barbato, Tom Campbell, Steven Corfe, Kate Fisher and RuPaul Charles serving as Executive Producers. Chris McCarthy, Pamela Post and Tim Palazzola are Executive Producers for Logo.
For more information on “RuPaul’s Drag Race” and sneak preview clips, go to LogoTV.com. For up-to-date “RuPaul’s Drag Race” news and exclusives, join the “RuPaul’s Drag Race” Facebook page or follow #DragRace conversation on Twitter at @RuPaulsDragRace. Follow along with live gifs from the show on Tumblr and additional content on the show’s Instagram page.
Logo is celebrating the return of “RuPaul’s Drag Race” with premiere events nationwide featuring gag-worthy performances by the entire season eight cast, hosted by Season Six Winner Bianca Del Rio with beats from DJ Lady Bunny. Events to take place in New York City on February 22, Chicago on February 24th, Austin on February 26th, San Francisco on February 28th and Los Angeles on March 1st. For ticket information go to vossevents.com.