We’re speeding down the tracks towards Thanksgiving and the holiday season. Which means you’ll probably be hosting a dinner for friends and family at some point, or tasked with bringing a “dish to pass” for a potluck or two.
I always end up in charge of desserts, and yes, I plan it that way because I know I can pick up a pie at the store and be good to go. What could be easier?! And who doesn’t love pie?! I’m like most busy working parents, where there just isn’t a lot of time for, well, anything. So I appreciate the pie option, because you know what? I would rather spend what little time I have savoring all those precious, sweet moments that truly go by in the blink of an eye.
Marie Callender’s is my go-to brand for pies. They’re reliable, available in most major grocery stores nationwide, and there’s never any question that the pies will be crowd-pleasingly tasty with the highest quality ingredients, signature special touches and a reason to celebrate – during the holidays and every day.
My favorite Marie Callender’s pies right now are:
- Chocolate Satin Pie: Rich Chocolate filling, Made-from-Scratch Crust, Topped with Real Chocolate Curls.
- Coconut Crème Pie: Creamy Coconut Custard, Made-from-Scratch Crust, Hand Garnished with Real Toasted Coconut.
- Dutch Apple Pie: 100 percent Fresh Fuji Apples, Made-from-Scratch Crust, Brown Sugar Streusel, Baked to Perfection.
Just writing those makes me want a piece RIGHT NOW, and you know what? Why not? These amazing pies aren’t just for big dinners or special occasions. They’re perfect for celebrating all the big and small moments every day.
And remember, every day is a good day for pie! Here are three of my favorite pie-centric movies and TV shows:
1. Twin Peaks. I just started watching this surreal show and love it. It has a retro 1950s vibe and a classic American diner that serves as a town meeting place for Twin Peaks with, of course, cherry pie. “The best in the tri-counties,” in fact. Want some coffee to go with that, Agent Cooper?
2. Waitress. Here’s a whole movie about pies! Lovingly baked by Southern diner waitress Jenna (Keri Russell), who crafts each masterpiece in her expert, flour-dusted hands. And each pie has special meaning, related to whatever Jenna is feeling at the time she bakes it. How about a slice of “I Can’t Have No Affair Because It’s Wrong and I Don’t Want Earl to Kill Me” pie?
3. Labor Day. This romantic drama from director Jason Reitman features a lovely pie moment, in which the characters played by Josh Brolin, Kate Winslet and young Gattlin Griffith all contribute to the making of that night’s dessert – wonderful peach pie.
What’s your Pie-Centric Movie & TV Show?
Let me know in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa Gift Card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 11/16/2015 – 2/29/2016