Not to be outdone by ABC Family’s annual “13 Nights of Halloween,” SyFy just announced the lineup for their 8th Annual “31 Days of Halloween” Spook-a-Thon.
Yes, friends. Be afraid. Be very afraid. The 600+ hours of blood-curdling programming begins Oct. 1 and runs through Oct. 31, and includes holiday-themed eps of Ghost Hunters and Paranormal Witness, as well as four spooky new original movies. I love this time of year!
Here are some highlights:
- Night of the Wild (New original movie, Saturday, October 3 at 9PM) — When a large meteor crashes into a quiet town, pet dogs become mysteriously aggressive, attacking and killing the residents. Night of the Wild stars Rob Morrow (Northern Exposure), Kelly Rutherford (Gossip Girl) and Tristin Mays (The Vampire Diaries).
- Ominous (New original movie, Saturday, October 10 at 9PM) — Michael and Rachel are devastated when their six-year-old son dies in a tragic accident. When a stranger offers to bring the boy back to life, they take the offer. However, the child who returns is not the child they once knew. Ominous stars Barry Watson (Masters of Sex, 7th Heaven) and Esme Bianco (Game of Thrones, The Magicians).
- They Found Hell (New original movie, Saturday, October 17 at 9PM) — When a group of gifted college students run a secret teleportation experiment, they accidentally open a portal to another dimension, trapping them in … [da da daaaaa] Hell. One by one they are hunted, tortured and killed by the denizens of Hell who are bent on stealing their souls. They Found Hell stars Chris Schellenger (Hacker’s Game), Katy Reece (When the Pile is Crooked) and Austin Scott (Prep School).
- The Hollow (New original movie, Saturday, October 24 at 9PM) — On Halloween, three troubled sisters attempt to find tranquility by moving in with their aunt, but instead face a mysterious creature that threatens to kill everyone on their secluded island town. The Hollow stars Stephanie Hunt (Californication), Alisha Newton (Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters) and Sarah Dugdale (Sorority Murders).
- Ghost Hunters Halloween Episode (Wednesday, October 28 at 9PM) — In this special Halloween episode, “Darker Learning,” Jason Hawes and the TAPS (The Atlantic Paranormal Society) team go on location to investigate the legend of a mysterious love triangle that could be at the root of frightening paranormal activity at Southern Vermont College in Bennington, VT.
- Paranormal Witness Halloween Episode (Wednesday, October 28 at 10PM) — The true story of a Rhode Island family’s terrifying battle with the spirit of a murderous witch in their home will be explored in this special episode of the series. Titled “The Real Conjuring,” the episode details the frightening basis for the hit 2013 movie The Conjuring, which will also air on Syfy Saturday, October 31 at 9PM.
31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN will also summon a coven of Syfy theatrical premieres ranging from I Am Legend and Orphan to Insidious: Chapter 2, as well as all-new episodes of chilling scripted series such as Z Nation, Haven and Dominion (season 2 finale airs October 1).
The scarefest will also include encores of spooky treats such as Blade II; Underworld; The Fog; Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning; Cabin In The Woods; The Omen (2006); The Last Exorcism; Fright Night (2011); Hostel and Silent Hill: Revelation.