The arcade-game-hopping adventure marks a Disney first with an early release of the HD Digital and HD Digital 3D versions on Feb., 12, 2013, followed by the 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack, 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, SD Digital and On-Demand release on March 5, 2013.
John C. Reilly voices the character of Wreck-It Ralph, a video game character who’s always played the bad guy. In a bold move, he embarks on an action-packed adventure and sets out to prove to everyone that he is a true hero with a big heart. As he explores exciting new worlds, he teams up with some unlikely new friends, including feisty misfit Vanellope von Schweetz, voiced by Sarah Silverman. The film is directed by Emmy-winner Rich Moore.
Here’s the scoop from the press release: Featuring an all-star voice cast including Jack McBrayer as the voice of Fix It Felix, Jr. and Jane Lynch as the voice of Sgt. Calhoun, plus breakthrough bonus features that take viewers even deeper into the world of video games, Disney’s “Wreck-It Ralph” has something for every player. Over an hour of all-new bonus material is featured on the Digital and Blu-ray Combo Pack, including deleted and alternate scenes, the theatrical short “Paperman,” plus much more.
Bonus Materials Overview for These Products:
4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray +DVD + Digital Copy)
2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray +DVD)
Bit by Bit: Creating the Worlds of “Wreck-It Ralph” – Fans of the film will get a look at five new worlds created for “Wreck-It Ralph.” The short takes viewers into Game Central Station with the artists who brought Sugar Rush, Hero’s Duty and Fix It Felix Jr. to life.
Alternate & Deleted Scenes – Four separate scenes are highlighted with an introduction and optional audio commentary from director Rich Moore.
Video Game Commercials – Viewers can check out the commercials created for the video games featured in the film – Fix It Felix Jr., Sugar Rush, Hero’s Duty and Fix It Felix Hammer.
“Paperman” – This animated short film played in theaters before “Wreck It Ralph.” It tells the story of a young man in an office who sees the girl of his dreams in a skyscraper window across the street. But how can he get her attention?
Blu-ray Exclusive Bonus Materials
DisneyIntermission: The Gamer’s Guide to “Wreck-It-Ralph” – When the film is paused, host Chris Hardwick appears on screen to guide viewers through a series of 10 video segments offering an inside look at the many video game references, Disney references and other hidden surprises featured in the film.
4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack
Prices: (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray +DVD + Digital Copy)
$49.99 US and $56.99 Canada
2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack
$39.99 US and $46.99 Canada
$29.99 US and $35.99 Canada
Digital and On-Demand
Consumers should check with their television provider or preferred digital retailer for pricing and additional information
Feature Run Time: Approximately 101 minutes
- Feature Film: PG in U.S. and Canada
- “Paperman”: G
- Additional Bonus Features Not Rated
- Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray Feature Film = 2.39:1 1080p High Definition
- DVD Feature Film Film = 2.39:1 – Enhanced for 16×9 Televisions
- Audio: Blu-ray 3D Film = English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and DVD 2.0 Dolby Digital
- Blu-ray Feature Film = English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
- DVD Feature Film = English 5.1 and DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital; Spanish (U.S. Only) and French (Canada Only) 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
- Languages: Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray Feature Film = English SDH, French and Spanish Subtitles
- DVD Feature Film = English SDH; Spanish(U.S. Only) and French (Canada Only) Subtitles