It’s always tough choosing a giveaway package for Reel Life With Jane. Oh, it’s not that I don’t have a good stash of DVDs to choose from. You should see my office. Or maybe not.
But the thing is, I haven’t seen ALL the DVDs in my collection, including a bunch with great reviews that I really should watch at some point. Like Ken Burns’ PBS film, ‘The Tenth Inning.’ Gotta watch that, right? And 2007’s ‘Young @ Heart,’ a moving film about senior citizens who form a choir and belt out tunes by Jimi Hendrix and Bruce Springsteen. Yeah, can’t let that go out of the house without watching it.
Then there’s films like Phil Donahue’s ‘Body of War,’ which played at the Traverse City Film Festival a few years ago. Truth be told, I really don’t want to watch that, because I’ll probably get majorly depressed. But the minute I let it go, I’ll think, man, I should have watched that.
Which brings me to this week’s giveaway package. Yes, I’ve seen all these movies, and I think you’ll like them:
1. ‘The Company Men’ – DVD. This is one of my favorite movies of 2010. It’s just a really solid drama with great performances by Ben Affleck (I know, right?), Chris Cooper, Tommy Lee Jones, and Kevin Costner, and chronicles what happens when people are fired because of the economy. Read my review of ‘The Company Men.’ Rated R for language and brief nudity.
2. ‘Hereafter’ – DVD/Blu-Ray Combo. This Clint Eastwood-directed film stars Matt Damon as a loner with a special connection to the hereafter — which only causes problems for him in THIS life. Read my review of ‘Hereafter.’ Rated PG-13 for mature thematic elements, including disturbing disaster and accident images, and for brief strong language.
3. ‘The Infidel’ – DVD. I saw this at the Traverse City Film Festival last year and while I wasn’t rolling on the ground laughing, it’s still a funny commentary on religious beliefs. It stars Omid Djalili as a London family who tries to be a good Muslim, despite being lax in the whole “no drinking, no swearing” thing. Then he learns he’s adopted and his biological parents were Jewish. Adding to the crisis, his son is about to marry the daughter of a fiery fundamentalist Islamic cleric, who might not be so keen on letting his kin marry into the Shimshillewitz clan. Rating: UK15. Official Site.
HOW TO ENTER (U.S. and Canadian residents only, please):
Choose any or all of these options. The more you choose, the more options you have to win:
- Subscribe to Reel Life With Jane via RSS feed. (one entry)
- Get Reel Life With Jane updates by email. (one entry)
- “Like” Reel Life With Jane on Facebook. (one entry)
- Follow Reel Life With Jane on Twitter. (one entry)
- Mention on Twitter with this tweet: Win a great DVD package from @reellifejane: The Company Men, Hereafter, The Infidel. http://bit.ly/jX3w9p #giveaways #contest #movies (one entry)
Then come back and leave a comment on this post telling me what you’ve done, so I know how many chances you have to win. No comment, no entry!
This contest runs until midnight on Saturday, June 18, 2011. A winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced on or before Wednesday, June 22, 2011. If I’m unable to make contact with the winner within 48 hours, another winner will be chosen. Good luck!
Also check out:
My pals over at BurnWorld.com are giving away a cool VSO Blu-Ray to PS3 Converter. Hop over and enter to win, but hurry, because the contest ends June 10, 2011.