James Cameron’s sci-fi blockbuster “Avatar” is still ruling at the box office four weekends in a row. The tally for this weekend is an estimated $48.5 million, giving it $429 million domestic and $1.34 billion worldwide.
- “Sherlock Holmes” finished second with $16.6 million.
- “Alvin & The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel” was third with $16.3 million.
- Lionsgate’s vampire thriller “Daybreakers,” starring Willem Dafoe and Ethan Hawke, scored $15 million in fourth place.
- Universal’s “It’s Complicated,” with Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin came in at fifth with $11 million.
- Universal’s romantic comedy “Leap Year,” starring Amy Adams and Matthew Goode, debuted in sixth place with $9.2 million.
- “The Blind Side” was seventh with $7.75 million.
- “Up in the Air” came in at eighth with $7.10 million.
- Dimension Films’ Michael Cera comedy “Youth in Revolt” took in $7 million in ninth place.
Source: Box Office Mojo; Image: TM and © Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All Rights Reserved.